FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

new member and purchase advice needed!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rclarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new member and purchase advice needed!!
    Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 8:27pm
hi all

Ive just joined and after ages of procrastination i decided to buy a set of hd700s, rightly or wrongly!!
I now need an amp and would appreciate recommendations..the thing is i use my computer as well a as a cd player for better quality and i guess im hoping to find an amp i can plug into both?

Im on a bit of a budget but am open to all advice, i guess the solo ultra is a bit out of my price range but would like to try oneSmile, i guess the novo is more in my budget and hope it would be do my headphones justice?!!

cheers ricky

Edited by rclarke - 01 Sep 2015 at 8:29pm
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 8:34pm
Welcome aboard.
If you don't mind second hand, I believe that there is a 2nd hand Solo Iltra Linear for sale by Ash, on this very forum.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 8:40pm
Sorry for swooping in here like a vulture, especially on a new member, but I actually have a Solo Ultra-Linear (upgraded SRGII but not Diamond Edition specification) with PSU1 available for sale at £380 GBP if this is of any help to you. As long as you live in the UK though. Just a thought. If you would like any further information or photographs, just ask.

Welcome to the GSP forum as well. Smile
Gary View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 8:50pm
I also use a pair of HD700's. I use them with a Solo Ultra Linear Diamond and am very happy with them. I think the difference between Diamond and non Diamond versions is only noticeable when using very sensitive in ear type ear phones (hopefully someone will clarify this).
Solo ULDE, CuSat50, Spatia Links
rclarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rclarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 8:48pm
hiya thanks for replies
ash ill write to you privately thanks ricky
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Gary Gary wrote:

I also use a pair of HD700's. I use them with a Solo Ultra Linear Diamond and am very happy with them. I think the difference between Diamond and non Diamond versions is only noticeable when using very sensitive in ear type ear phones (hopefully someone will clarify this).
Yes, but you have to have levels up to the max with no music signal to hear the background - which is  absent on the DE. That is, do something that no sane person would do. For all practical purposes UL=ULDE, IMO.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:08pm
Hi Ricky.

The best option you will get as stated above is Ash's offer so if you're only after an amp, there is nothing else to add; he will look after you.

Welcome to the forum anyway and don't be a stranger. You're not the only digital music user amongst us (me too!) but this is the right place to make your files sound mind-bogglingly great.

T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic