FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
HisDudeness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HisDudeness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 7:00pm
Thanks again for all the advice and the warm welcome, I've got a lot to consider (and save for now).

Think I need to go and spend some time with my ULDE and my K702 'phones, get them burned in, form some impressions and try to stop beating myself up for not realising that my amp doesn't have stereo pre-outs, therefore limiting my sources....ah well (until I buy a DAC - Majestic recommendations duly noted)
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 7:22pm
I'm currently saving for a Majestic pre-DAC. I'm actually waiting for my Solo ULDE, HD800 and Voyager to sell first then I will initiate a purchase. I've been getting my head around balanced vs single-ended interconnects today but I think that I will stay with short single-ended Lautus interconnects instead of buying the Libran cables. Although I am interested in what the Libran balanced interconnect may have to offer.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
HisDudeness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HisDudeness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 8:08pm
Ok, so I've burned in my K702 'phones for about 12 hours and have had the the Solo ULDE plugged in for about 48 hours, enough time for some initial impressions.

My set up for this demo is thus - Project RPM 5.1 + Ortofon Alpha, powered by Project Speedbox S and fed into a Project Tube Box S then on to the Solo ULDE, interconnects are Blue Jeans LC-1

Wow - this set up is transparent, almost too revealing if you know what I mean, any static on the vinyl is really transmitted through the 'phones, though this just gives me more incentive to invest in a good cleaning regime.

Test records so far are The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Stereo 2009 remaster, Jack White - Lazeretto, Atoms for Peace - Amok (45 rpm) - all 180gm

Atoms for Peace is just mind blowing, this platter is uber clean and relatively flat. The  background is completely black, highs are non fatiguing and (my biggest concern with this particular record and set-up) the bass is tight but punchy, I'm no bass head (as my choice of AKG makes clear) but this record demands precision in that department and boy does to Solo ULDE deliver, this is definitely my new reference point

There is too much static on Lazeretto to make an firm judgement yet. Gonna revisit Sgt Pepper later this evening as I'm enjoying Atoms to much right now and I feel more burn in is needed as my first listen was underwheming as the highs were too harsh, I'm sure this will settle down though.

Edited by HisDudeness - 18 Oct 2014 at 8:17pm
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 9:27pm
We make phono stages that have a reputation for making the static less obvious, and in the process making the music "stand out". Wink

PS: and not as harsh.

Edited by Graham Slee - 18 Oct 2014 at 9:28pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic