FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Majestic DAC impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 9:07pm
Aww, you got my hopes up there. Wink I reckon JC could make the cable I describe though; maybe I need to encourage GSP with a handsome payment?? Evil Smile GSP is where the cutting edge audio technology is, after all.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 10:06pm
Are there any differences between the analogue output of the Majestic and the analogue output of the Bitzie, apart from the connectivity? Confused
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:26pm
I am fairly sure the Majestic won't drive headphones from its balanced or unbalanced outputs. I think its maximum output is higher.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Outputs and inputs must be designed to suit all sorts of equipment, but when using a Majestic with Proprius amps we have a trick up our sleeve. We know the "choicest" circuit bits of both products inside-out (literally), and they can be connected to be even more stunning (to our ears anyway).

We developed a dual mono interconnect cable we call the Lautus R-3, especially for the purpose. It is absolutely no use for other equipment - but it lifts the Majestic/Proprius performance onto another level.

It is a short interconnect (well, 1.5 metres...) so it won't be much use for remote Proprius use (but you can use the Spatia speaker cable and bring your Proprius nearer the Majestic...).

It isn't a balanced cable but it does connect to the balanced output jacks of the Majestic.

Hoping to have a few prepared for the loaner program shortly. Please form an orderly queue Wink

I am impressed as always by the continuing innovations from GSP. Looking forward to hearing the Lautus R-3 in my system and organising loans to other UK members who have invested in this Great British hi-fi combination.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:57pm
Was recently listening to the album that helped kick start CD way back in '85 through the Majestic -
Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms.
If CD had sounded as good as this back in the day we would have all been laughing.
Now there's real depth to the soundstage (something completely lacking in CD's early days)
& spot on instrument tonality & definition.
The instrumental part of 'Why Worry' was always a personal favourite on this album,
& Mark Knopfler's guitar now sounds beautiful here.
The Majestic is proving to be very very good at getting the best out of CDs!

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
suede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 2:09pm
Is this the original issue CD or a later remaster you're listening to Rich?
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 2:32pm
It's the original CD Johan - bought in 1985 shortly after it was released.Smile
I've ripped it to FLAC & play it through the Majestic's USB i/p.

Edited by RichW - 06 Nov 2014 at 2:34pm
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 52>
  Share Topic