FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New members corner to say hello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 72>
Author
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 1:01pm
Hi Jon and welcome, we are almost neighbours as I'm in Chester!

As this forum is so friendly you can either post the questions here or start a new topic under 'Graham Slee Headphone Amps' and someone will answer you either way
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
HiFifanatic1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiFifanatic1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 1:32pm
Hi Andrew
Thank You for such a quick reply :)

couple of questions
firstly was there a Solo SRG mark 1   as such ?  I am pretty sure this is the SRG version due to the look of the unit and the documentation I got with it... wondered if its mark 1 or mark 2

secondly
There is what looks like an earth binding post on the back, can a turntable be directly connected to the amplifier ?  without a Phono Pre amp ?

Sure is a great sounding amplifier ... have a Beyer A1 as well and the Solo is more open and detailed for sure.... can sound a little rough at times, but it may still need more burn in time, the seller said it had about 200 hours on it....

nice PRAT it has too.....   ( foot tapping at the moment )

cheers
Jon

LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 1:48pm
Hi Jon( from Crewe)I am Stuart (from Leeds)
Welcome to the forum, as Andrew has already stated, we are a friendly bunch round here .
to answer your question you would need a phono amp between your Solo and record deck I run my record deck this way(Record deck Gram amp 2
ULDE headphones)You can however run a CD player direct into the solo
I have done it with my CD player into my ULDE.

Edited by LOINER - 23 Aug 2014 at 1:50pm
STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 5:32pm
Welcome to the forum Jon!

Drop a PM to Graham with your unit's serial number and he should be able to tell you exactly what you have . . . 
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
HiFifanatic1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiFifanatic1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 7:24pm
Thank You Bob
I have dropped Graham a PM :)

sure is a good amplifier which ever version it is.... very revealing and detailed, brings out the best in my LCD3's ..
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 9:33pm
The grounding terminal is included from a "what if..." point of view.

As our power supplies are class II double-insulated (so they're suitable anywhere on the planet) they don't have a mains earth (unnecessary).

However, because of a thing called leakage current, some people can be very fussy and easily worried if they felt a slight tingle stroking the case (the Solo case that is) - although every power supply we sell is certified safe - has been certified body tested (even some big brands don't do that).

For those we included the grounding terminal. Connect it to mains earth or a metal cold water pipe... no tingle... sorted!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:38am

Hi Jon and another welcome from me,

if your Solo has only 200 hrs yet, it will continue to improve for a few weeks yet.

Just leave it powered on with a source connected (does not have to be playing) and it will quietly finish its development.

Tony G
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 72>
  Share Topic