FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Australian Loaner Program

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:03am
The Communicator (which is cheaper than the GA2SE) is a stunning little phono amp. I had one for a short while, partnering my Era Gold V, before I decided to get a Reflex. While you miss out on the ultimate detail or sound staging, compared to most integrated amps this is a definite step up and well worth the money (like all GSP kit). You should find it an interesting comparison with the GA2SE .

We had Adam Hills on TV last night doing a stand up routine; funniest show I'd seen in ages. He joked about telling the Queen about flying back to Oz in the morning for a "real Christmas" in the sun. So I hope your Christmas is as good and real as his .
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Hal55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:04am
Well that's interesting - GA2 at Decibel HiFi (not far from me here in Queensland) $297 Australian, Communicator $330 so here in Oz it's the other way around for whatever reason.
A real Australian Christmas? Weather forecast for Christmas Day where I'm going is 35deg Celsius which is 95F, and we try and sit down to turkey, ham, plum pudding etc! Actually a lot of people do a lighter seafood Christmas with lashings of prawns, calamari etc which is all really nice washed down with a beer or nice wine.
Hottest Christmas I've attended? 41c which is 105.8F. Now that was tough!

Hope your Chrissie is good and not washed away - we've been seeing the news stories here about how wet is it currently in the UK.

Cheers,

Hal
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
There's the "GA2 Communicator" and the "GA2 Special Edition" - have a look here. I don't think Graham produces a "Gram Amp 2" any more - no doubt he can advise . . . 

Blimey! 35 Centigrade on Christmas Day! Sales of the amber nectar should be good Smile. Yes - we've lots of rain here - a real miserable Christmas for those flooded . . .

Cheers,
Bob
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
Have a word with Brian at Decibel.

We have dealers worldwide - some of them have out of date webpages.

Our webpages are up to date and show you what you should be charged.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
JonP01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonP01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:43am
Hello,

I would like to partake in a home audition of the Solo SRGII headphone amplifier with standard switching power supply please. I don't mind of course trialing it with the upgraded PSU as well, but I can't afford that combination at the moment so I would prefer to audition the particular combination that I can actually afford. I wouldn't mind hearing what the PSU adds to sound quality of course, but I would have to buy the PSU much later down the track were I to purchase the SRGII.

Please let me know if the above is possible.

Thanks

Edited by JonP01 - 26 Mar 2013 at 9:44am
phibes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phibes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 9:26pm
Hi JonP01,

Have sent you a personal message with all necessary details.

Cheers,

Keith
jk092 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:48am
Hi Keith,

Would you please to arrange for me a home trial of the Solo Ultra-Linear with PSU1?

Thanks 

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic