FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Topic ClosedUK loan programme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 53>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 8:26pm
With the recent arrival of the Era Gold V I am pleased to say that we now have the full range of GSP phono stages to loan, subject to waiting lists. Please get in touch* if you are UK based and want to let your ears decide.

*after registering on the forum - www.gspaudio.co.uk/register.htm

Edited by Fatmangolf - 25 Mar 2015 at 8:29pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Dave Atkin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:20pm
Hello.
I have been using my Solo Ultralinear every day for the last 3 years and have been very happy indeed using a variety of headphones.
I would now like to take advantage of the loan programme to test a pair of the Cusat interconnects.
Can you please let me know what I need to do next?
Many thanks. Dave Atkin
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:59pm
Welcome to the forum, Dave!

Just drop a Private Message to Fatmangolf (aka Jon). Jon runs the UK loan scheme and can send you out some CuSat50s. 

(Use the little arrow by your name to get a link to the PM system.)

It's good to hear you've been enjoying your SoloUL. Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
shellspeed View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:19pm
Hi

I have recently purchased a second hand LP12 which has been very well maintaned and serviced and am using a Gram amp Communicator as a phono stage.

I am mightly impressed with the sound and have fallen in love with my hifi again. Would the addition of a PSU1 on the entry level unit make a huge differance or would my money be better send (in the short term at least) else where??

I guess the ansewer would be to try one and see!

PM on its way

regards
James
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:29pm
Welcome James!

As you say - try a PSU1 and see what you think.

Should you buy one for your Communicator, it can be always be used on any of the phono amps up the chain at a later date, thus saving you money if you upgrade the phono amp later on . . .

A while back I sold a Communicator on a well known auction site (with a 'buy it now' price) and my hand was virtually bitten off. You don't see very many GSP products up for sale secondhand . . .

Edited by morris_minor - 31 Mar 2015 at 4:31pm
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Dave Atkin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 7:53pm
Bob,

thanks.

First time I have tried posting on forum (although I read regularly!)
finding things a bit confusing although I do think I managed to post a private messae in the end.

Dave
AdrianLuvdup View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 2:42pm
Hi,
I'm Adrian from Manchester  - thanks for allowing me to join the forum - I have one question really... Although I have a fairly humble set up I have been looking at the Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono Stage and was wondering if it would make a noticeable improvement to my set-up?

I have an upgraded Technics 1210 turntable fitted with a Rega RB202 tonearm and an AT440MLA cartridge along with a Marantz PM6004 amp and Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers. 

I've been using the phono stage fitted on the Marantz and it sounds pretty good to my ears (which have taken a hammering from DJ-ing over the years to be fair) but I'm always looking for affordable ways to improve the quality and a separate phono stage was suggested, of which the Graham Slee range is highly recommended.

Could I ask anyone with a bit more experience what their thoughts are? I know it's not a major audiophile set up I've got by any stretch of the imagination but through various equipment tweaks over the last two years (new cartridge, new tonearm etc.) the sound quality has constantly improved and I've been surprised before at what I thought was great sound being dramatically improved.

Thanks in advance for any info, advice etc.

Regards,
Adrian

Edited by AdrianLuvdup - 14 Apr 2015 at 9:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 53>
  Share Topic