FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 398>
Author
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by miT miT wrote:

Bandcamp is great! I discovered that when I was looking for Purple by Russ Liquid/RLS. Not a very GSP sort of album though so I'm pretty sure only Ash would join me in appreciation for it.
You may be surprised Tim, some of us older dinosaurs have very eclectic tastes and I pick up on a lot of different music either through my 20-30 something 'kids' or hunting out interesting stuff at Glastonbury & other festivals each year

I am listening to Purple, Russ Liquid/RLS and I like it Smile
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
LOINER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOINER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

I recommend that any other fans out there of Shpongle, Ozric Tentacles, Entheogenic etc should listen to the NZ band, Pitch Black.

The albums Electronomicon, Rude Mechanicals and Rhythm- Sound & Movement are all worth tracking down - this link to Bandcamp<a> </a>has their entire output available as FLACs

https:////www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFVSjsb3Mg

Andrew first off couldn't get the link to work so after doing things the hard way (search engine)I eventually found it pressed play and after two minutes I took "The A Train" with Duke Ellington and that put me "In The Mood" for some Glen Miller    Sorry   

STUART
SOLO ULTRA LINEAR DIAMOND EDITION
LAUTUS DUAL MONO 1.5M INTERCONNECTS
GRAM AMP 2SE
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:24pm

Originally posted by miT miT wrote:

Bandcamp is great! I discovered that when I was looking for Purple by Russ Liquid/RLS. Not a very GSP sort of album though so I'm pretty sure only Ash would join me in appreciation for it.
You may be surprised Tim, some of us older dinosaurs have very eclectic tastes and I pick up on a lot of different music either through my 20-30 something 'kids' or hunting out interesting stuff at Glastonbury & other festivals each year

I am listening to Purple, Russ Liquid/RLS and I like it Smile
I don't think it's impossible (my dad became a fan of Muse and Evanescence due to my introduction), just not the sort of music that gets discussed on here. I'm all for eclectic tastes though as that is me down to a T!

You're welcome.
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by LOINER LOINER wrote:

I recommend that any other fans out there of Shpongle, Ozric Tentacles, Entheogenic etc should listen to the NZ band, Pitch Black.

The albums Electronomicon, Rude Mechanicals and Rhythm- Sound & Movement are all worth tracking down - this link to Bandcamp<a> </a>has their entire output available as FLACs

https:////www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFVSjsb3Mg

Andrew first off couldn't get the link to work so after doing things the hard way (search engine)I eventually found it pressed play and after two minutes I took "The A Train" with Duke Ellington and that put me "In The Mood" for some Glen Miller    Sorry   

Haha, love it! And a big to Glen Miller from me!
Heef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 10:15am
I have an original copy of Alice Coopers Welcome to my nightmare

beyond amazing - I actually played it end to end then flipped it over and played it again
Big smile
aren't I supposed to put something clever here?
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Heef Heef wrote:

I have an original copy of Alice Coopers Welcome to my nightmare

beyond amazing - I actually played it end to end then flipped it over and played it again
Big smile
Agreed! I also recommend a copy of the 2011 follow up - Welcome 2 my Nightmare (double blood-red vinyl LP)
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 7:24am
Woke up at the crack of sparrowfart this morning.
Couldn't roll over and catch some more zzzzzs (I tried), so instead I decided to go and slip on some headphones and relax listening to some music.

I chose this little known album from Big Jim Sullivan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 398>
  Share Topic