FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What music has impressed you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 397>
Author
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:15am
Felt Mountain by Goldfrapp. Still easily their best album, I played my cd copy to death on release

I also have this on vinyl, bought new from HMV for less than £20 & its in perfect nick. I've just seen on Discogs near mint copies going for up to 400 euros!!! whats all that about? Luckily it's due to be reissued soon.
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:54am
Yes, also the other Goldfrapp albums (apart from the last two) are very expensive on vinyl, because few copies were pressed. I have an original pressing of Seventh Tree, which is almost as good as Felt Mountain.
Stewboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Lucabeer Lucabeer wrote:

Recently I decided to try to complete my collection of 12" Depeche Mode (best British band EVER!!!!) colored vinyl singles, and I am listening to them on rotation. Lovely singles, and lovely collector's items!

BTW, if someone has a copy of the ones I'm still missing and would like to part with it... let me know!

Currently looking for:

A question of lust (yellow vinyl)
Just can't get enough (grey vinyl)
Stripped (white vinyl)
A question of time (black and white marbled vinyl)

Nice collection!

What's your favourite remix?

Personally, I think the golden era was 86-91 but I have a soft spot for the Combination mix of Get The Balance Right. The Metal mix of Something To Do is mental!!

Edited by Stewboss - 15 May 2015 at 10:47am
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650
Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 12:45pm
The longest mix of Shake the Disease is one of my favourites of the "normal" ones. Among the weird ones, definitely Behind the wheel/Route66!

And of course the instrumental Oberkorn, which is lovely.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:21pm
I listened to a lot on the long, slow road home from York today. One of my favourite albums came up on random album shuffle not long before I arrived home; Jethro Tull's This Was. Love it!
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 9:21am
Oh yes, when they were still a "blues" band before the clash of the egos (Ian and Mick) Wink
Derek
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 9:05pm
A couple of Tim Cairns' bands (Flexamuscle and The Big Boys Blues Band) at the Blue Boar at Longworth. It's an annual pilgrimage for us; Tim has been playing there this Bank Holiday Monday for 30+ years.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194195196 397>
  Share Topic